Primary Care is an often overlooked part of the Health Care Process. In developed countries, this service is widely accessible to those with the mean but is frequently bypassed as necessary by many patients. Nevertheless, Primary Care Physicians can help with the proper maintenance of your health and control of chronic conditions.
What is primary care?
Primary care is the day-to-day management control of your health by a licensed health care professional. Primary care physicians are healthcare navigators and act as a first contact to health conditions that arise, coordinating with other specialist when needed. It provides resources and information to individuals with access to resources required for ideal health outcomes.
Many patients with knowledge of Primary Care Physicians have the impression that they only offer care for minor illnesses. However, the actual fact is that they have a broad area of expertise that cover psychological, physical and social elements that affect their patients. Primary Care Providers are trained to;
- Offer Counseling
- Care for most illnesses and diseases, except for those that are very uncommon.
- And as mentioned, monitor your health on an ongoing basis in order to promote proper health and to help you achieve your lifestyle goals.
These physicians are skilled and fully trained to care for patients with any un-diagnosed symptoms and health concern.
How primary care improve public health?
Primary care’s main purpose is to improve public health by providing easy medical care to patients. It focuses on the whole individuals rather than a specific organ, tissue, system or disease illness.
It includes disease prevention, health promotion, health maintenance, patient education, counseling, acute and chronic illnesses diagnosis and treatment in the variety of primary health care settings (e.g., inpatient, office, critical care, home care, hospice, long-term care, daycare and so on).
What makes primary care beneficial and necessary?
Routine checkups provide very beneficial effect on the health of patients suffering from various serious problems. As a result, people who have primary health care providers have 20% lower premature death odds than those people who only consult with specialists for care. Many serious illnesses and hospitalization can be avoided through frequents and proper healthcare management by a trained doctor. It also reduces the financial burden on patients and on the public health system because it is comparatively cheaper than going to a specialist or visiting an emergency room.
Best way to decide which physician is right for you
It all depends on the specific needs of you and your family.
- Pediatricians care for kids, babies, and teens.
- Family practitioners take to care of the whole family patients of all ages from newborns to elderly
- Internal medicine doctors provide primary care for adults.
- Gynecologists and obstetricians care for women with reproductive health issues and are sometimes primary care for the girls with menstruating at the starting level.
- Physician assistant is the person that assists the doctor to examine and treat patient, especially a child at a doctor’s office.
How to choose a primary care physician?
The decision of a primary care provider depends on you to determine. You must decide what kind of physician is the best fit for you and the management of your health. Factors to consider could include;
- The proximity of the physician’s office to your home.
- The level of professionalism of the doctor and his or her team.
- How friendly and helpful the staff is.
- If the office hours are convenient to your schedule.
- How is it is to get in contact with the provider.
- And the general chemistry between you and the physician.
The choice of a primary care provider also depends on your signs and symptoms. Depending on your disease or condition, you may need extra services not available or provided by all PCPs.Leave a reply